Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #70: The Shadowhunter's Codex, by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis





This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers are eagerly anticipating!


Here's my pick for this week!



The Shadowhunter's Codex
(The Mortal Instruments)
Hardcover, 304 pages
Margaret K. McElderry Books
October 29, 2013
Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Nonfiction,
Young Adult


From the Goodreads Synopsis



Since the thirteenth century, the Shadowhunter’s Codex has been the one and only manual for Shadowhunters looking to brush up on their demon languages, learn proper stele use, and discover just what exactly a pyxis is. Featured in both The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, this guide is a necessity for any young Nephilim on their journey to becoming a Shadowhunter. Beautifully illustrated, the Codex contains images of the famous Shadowhunter homeland of Idris, as well as depictions of demons and other Downworlders.






I really can't believe I haven't read
even the first book in
The Mortal Instruments Series...
Wait!  Don't stare at me in
sheer disbelief!
Don't call Jace and Clary to let them know!
I think they'd start to wonder
about my sanity...
And maybe Simon will snidely say
"I told you so!" when some
lowlife Downworlder tries to sneak up
on me, intent on harm.
After all, how can I possibly call on
one of the Shadowhunters for help?
And now I want to add their Codex
to my TBR pile, too!
Well, why not?
I'm told that Cassandra's husband
co-authored this book!
I love husband-and-wife collaborations!!








What utterly fascinating book(s)
are you eagerly anticipating
this week?







8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! SO EXCITED for this! Especially since finishing Clockwork Princess. You really need to start reading TMI. I know, like you haven't heard that before :)

    My WOW: http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Olivia!

      Yeah, I really need to start this series....lol. After all, the CIY OF BONES movies comes out in August!

      Hey, thanks for the follow!! I'll be visiting your blog and following back, as well as commenting back!

      Thanks for the comment, as well! :)

      Delete
  2. I've read half of The Mortal Instruments, and sadly, I didn't like it, so this book isn't for me either :(
    Waiting on Wednesday
    Books That Made Me Think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!

      Well, not every book is for everyone. Sorry you didn't like it. Who knows, maybe once I start reading the first book, I won't like it, either. It could happen. Sometimes the hype makes it sound like a book is really great, and when you actually dive in, it isn't.

      I'll just have to try CITY OF BONES out for myself, and see...

      I'll be checking out your WOW. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read this book as well, I'm so excited.
    I read the first two TMI books in either 2010 or 11 (I don't remember exactly which year it was) and then I got distracted by other series, and now that The City of Bones movie is releasing this year, i decided to catch up on series, I'm currently reading City of Glass. I have yet to read the The Infernal Devices series, hopefully I will soon.

    My WOW


    -Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nazish!

      I really have to get started on this series!! And now I need to read this one, too! I can't believe the movie's coming....gotta catch up, at least a little!

      So glad you're excited about the Codex! Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  4. Anything Shadowhunter! I just read What Really Happened In Peru and it was great. I love Magnus!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karis!

      Yeah, I've heard SO many GREAT things about these Shadowhunters....soon I'll be finding out for myself!!

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)