Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #81: Cold Spell, by Jackson Pearce




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers are
eagerly anticipating!!




Here's my choice for this week!




(Fairytale Retellings #4)
Hardcover, 336 pages
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
November 5, 2013
Romance, Urban Fantasy,
Young Adult Fiction


Goodreads Synopsis

Kai and Ginny grew up together–best friends since they could toddle around their building’s rooftop rose garden. Now they’re seventeen, and their relationship has developed into something sweeter, complete with stolen kisses and plans to someday run away together.

But one night, Kai disappears with a mysterious
stranger named Mora–a beautiful girl with a dark past and a heart of ice. Refusing to be cast aside, Ginny goes after them and is thrust into a world she never imagined, one filled with monsters and thieves and the idea that love is not enough.

If Ginny and Kai survive the journey, will she still be the girl he loved–and moreover, will she still be the girl who loved him?

Jackson Pearce, author of the acclaimed SISTERS RED and FATHOMLESS, has returned with a unique vision of Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Snow Queen,” one about power and redemption, failure and hope, and the true meaning of strength.







Why am I waiting on this book?

This is definitely a must read for me!
I love fairytale retellings!
And this particular fairytale happens
to be one of my favorites, too.
I'm waiting with bated breath to see
what Pearce does with this story!
Also, that cover is calling out to me...
The broken mirror is not only
mysterious, but also gives me a feeling
of abandonment.
The season of Winter is very
effectively evoked here,
in all its barren desolation...
(That's why we need Santa Claus
to cheer things up!)
Anyway....I'm hoping for a
happily-ever-after!





What do you think of my choice?
What fascinating books are you
waiting on this week?







4 comments:

  1. Love the cover of that one. I really must read this series. I love fairy tale re-imaginings. Thanks for sharing!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brenda!

      Yeah, that cover is really GREAT! You're very welcome for the share! Hope you enjoy this one when it's released!

      Thanks for visiting and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    bloglovin follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54-avalon-15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shane!

      Glad you like my pick! You're very welcome for the share! Thanks for the comment, and for following my blog on bloglovin'!! :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)