Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #119: Gathering Darkness, by Morgan Rhodes




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!




Here's my choice for this week!



Gathering Darkness
(Falling Kingdoms #3)
Razorbill
December 9, 2014
Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult Fiction


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20821149-gathering-darkness






Love, vengeance, and greed spark a deadly quest for magic in the third book of the Falling Kingdoms series. Prince Magnus has just witnessed torture, death, and miracles during the bloody confrontation that decimated the rebel forces. Now he must choose between family and justice as his father, the cruel King Gaius, sets out to conquer all of Mytica. All Gaius needs now are the Kindred--the four elemental crystals that give godlike powers to their owner. But the King of Blood is not the only one hunting for this ancient, storied magic. . . . THE KRAESHIANS join the hunt. Ashur and Amara, the royal siblings from the wealthy kingdom across the Silver Sea, charm and manipulate their way to the Kindred, proving to be more ruthless than perhaps even the King of Blood himself. THE REBELS forge ahead. Princess Cleo and vengeful Jonas lead them, slaying with sweetness, skill, and a secret that can control Lucia's overpowering magic--all so they can use the Kindred to win back their fallen kingdoms. THE WATCHERS follow Melenia out of the Sanctuary. They ally in the flesh with King Gaius, who vows to use Lucia's powers to unveil the Kindred.The only certainty in these dark times is that whoever finds the magic first will control the fate of Mytica...but fate can be fickle when magic is involved.






Why I'm waiting on this one!!

The plot summary above gave 
me goosebumps when I first read  it!!
This is incredibly wonderful 
fantasy of the highest kind, reminiscent
of Tolkien and Brooks!!
I have the first two books in the series,
which I must confess I haven't
read as yet....but I've already
started on my New Year's resolutions....
Well, this way, I'll have all three
to go to, one after the other,
with no waiting!
It's definitely something to
look forward to!!




What do you think of my
choice this week?
What incredibly wonderful book(s)
are you waiting on?




13 comments:

  1. Ooo, nice pick! Asma, my co-blogger, LOVES this series and cannot wait to read it!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hafsah!

      Yeah, this is a GREAT series, from all the reviews I've seen! I really need to start on the first book. Lol.

      Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  2. This is the third time I have seen this book so it must be good :-)
    New Follower.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/waiting-on-wednesday-spring-knight/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kirsty!

      Oh, this series is supposed to be AWESOME!! Would you believe I own the first two books, and haven't read them yet? Lol.

      Thanks so much for the comment and the follow!! : )

      Delete
  3. I so love this series as well. I can't wait to see what happens next in this series. This series is just filled with awesome. The characters are so great. Great pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Grace!

      So you've read the first two books? Gosh, I need to get going on the first one!

      Well, now I'll be able to go from one to the other without having to wait for "the next one" to be released!

      Thanks for the visit and the comment!! : )

      Delete
  4. I definitely will be starting this series once all the books are published :D I hope you enjoy this book when you read it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alyssa!

      Yeah, I will be doing the very same thing! I've heard so many great things about this series, I really have to make it a priority on my TBR.

      You're very welcome for my visit, and thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  5. I've yet to read this series, but it sounds like one that my students would love. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa!

      Me, too....and I do own the first two books, too....I think this is probably one of the best YA fantasy series out there!

      You're very welcome for the share! Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  6. Great pick! I really need to get started on this series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Teresa!

      Glad you like my pick! Lots of people are raving about this series, and I need to get started on it myself!

      Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

      Delete
  7. Hi, Nyze!

    Yes, the cover is gorgeous, and the blurb -- it's got me SO intrigued!!

    Thanks for visiting and commenting!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)