Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday No. 59: The Stars Now Unclaimed, by Drew Williams





Welcome to "Can't Wait Wednesday"!



This is a weekly event hosted by
Tressa @ Wishful Endings, and inspired by "Waiting On Wednesday", which used to be hosted by
 Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

For more information, please click HERE.

As in the previous meme, this one showcases future releases  we book  bloggers 
are eagerly anticipating!!
There's also a Linky widget, so participating blogs can link up!




Here's my choice for this week!




 The Stars Now Unclaimed
(The Universe After, Book 1)
Drew Williams
Hardcover, 400 pages
Simon & Schuster UK
     August 23, 2018        
Science Fiction 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39345241-the-stars-now-unclaimed








Perfect for fans of Firefly and James S. A. Corey's Expanse series, The Stars Now Unclaimed is a fun, adventure-filled ride around a far-future galaxy.

Jane Kamali is an agent for the Justified. Her mission: to recruit children with miraculous gifts in the hope that they might prevent the Pulse from once again sending countless worlds back to the dark ages.

Hot on her trail is the Pax--a collection of fascist zealots who believe they are the rightful rulers of the galaxy and who remain untouched by the Pulse.

Now Jane, a handful of comrades from her past, and a telekinetic girl called Esa must fight their way through a galaxy full of dangerous conflicts, remnants of ancient technology, and other hidden dangers.

And that's just the beginning . . .


 



Why I can't wait for this one!

JUMPING GALAXIES!!! This looks ALL kinds of AWESOME!! I really need to get back to reading MORE science fiction, so this book will be beaming over to my personal library come August! (Of course, if I had a time machine, that could happen a LOT sooner! Lol.) Meanwhile, instead of twiddling my thumbs, I'll be organizing privately-viewed Star Trek TOS marathons, as well as trying to catch up on those ST TOS novels on my shelves that I haven't read yet! I might even be reading them as I eat some Vulcan plomeek soup.....haha! Never heard of Vulcan plomeek soup? You can check it out HERE.





Drew Williams has been a bookseller in Birmingham, AL since he was sixteen years old, when he got the job because he came in looking for work on a day when someone else had just quit. Outside of arguing with his coworkers about whether Moby Dick is brilliant (nope) or terrible (that one), his favorite part of the job is discovering new authors and sharing them with his customers. Now that he’s written his own book, he is entirely confident that it can be hand sold to everyone, even people who don’t like science fiction, adventures, or fun in general, because it’s just that damned good. He is perhaps a tad overconfident in his own abilities as a writer.

Macmillan/Goodreads/Facebook
Twitter







What do you think of my
choice this week? 
Please leave a comment and
let me know!


  

24 comments:

  1. Not familiar with this series but I hope you enjoy it sounds pretty captivating! My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Eve!

      This is the author's debut novel, and it sure looks like it's a BIG hit already! It DOES sound pretty captivating, indeed!

      My only regret is that the print copy had this same cover.....but it doesn't. I MUCH prefer this one!!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a big Firefly fan, so that right there pulled me in. On my tbr it will go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tressa!

      I wasn't at all familiar with "Firefly", so I looked it up on good ol' Wikipedia! Lol. It turns out that it was a short-lived SF TV show. Oh, man!!! I NEED to get a hold of the DVD!! It sounds SO intriguing!!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! Thanks to YOU for commenting!! <3 <3 :) :)

      Delete
  3. Ooo... I LOVE the sound of this one, Maria! The world sounds nicely complex and as for the stakes... they are clearly pan-galactic. Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sara!

      YEAH!!! This novel sounds SO AWESOME!!! I can BARELY wait!! And I LOVE that cover!! I do wish they had used the very same cover on the print edition, but alas, they didn't....I MUCH prefer this one!!

      You're very welcome for the sharing! And thanks to YOU for commenting!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. "Perfect for fans of Firefly..." This book is calling my name! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Steph!

      I had no idea what "Firefly" was....until I checked it out on Wikipedia. Sounds like it was a GREAT SF TV show!

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds good. I am also trying to read more science fiction, especially newer books. I am currently reading Liu Cixin‘s Remembersnce of Earth’s Past Trilogy. I am liking it.

    Star Trek marathons are always lots of fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      Yes, it SURE does!!!

      I'm glad you're trying to read more SF, too! It's such a FASCINATING genre!!

      Ooooooh, I have not heard of these books or author! I'll check them out on Goodreads. I'm glad you're enjoying this series!!

      Yeah!! I had a little one the other day!! I watched three ST TOS episodes back to back! They were: "The Enemy Within", "The Naked Time", and "The Alternative Factor". Gotta do this again, with a few more episodes! And I recommend the Vulcan plomeek soup, too!! I'm going to try my hand at making some, even though I'm not exactly enthralled by cooking.....lol.

      Thanks for the interesting comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  6. I'm a huge Firefly fan so I'm adding this to my TBR. Great pick and thanks for sharing!

    My CWW Pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bogdana!

      I had not heard of "Firefly" before, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. Sounds like a GREAT SF series!

      Glad you loved my pick! You're very welcome for the sharing, and thanks for the comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  7. Love the description of this one!! I'm a sucker for scifi :D Hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lillian!

      Yeah, isn't it GREAT? I'm a sucker for scifi, too! And I KNOW I'll enjoy this!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  8. You know I've been trying to read more science fiction this year and this sounds like one I might enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing it. I'm going to add it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yeah, I REALLY want to read more SF myself. I LOVE this genre!! I LOVE the sound of this one, and I'm SO glad you like it, too!! You're very welcome for the sharing!

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS TO YOU AND THE BOYS, AND WOOF, WOOF TO THEM!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  9. I do like the concept of jumping galaxies! I hope this turns out to be a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sara!

      Yeah, sounds like a LOT of fun, right? That was my own expression, though. Lol. :)

      I've got a very strong feeling that this will indeed be a great read!

      Thanks for commenting!! HUGS!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

      Delete
  10. I saw that cover and it blew me away. Totally new to me and looks fantastic. Can you believe I haven't read a space opera yet this YEAR? Maybe even longer... oh wait did you say ST:TOS marathons? That sounds so fun. If you do it as a bloggy thing let me know maybe, I'd be interested in participating or just tweeting about it, whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Greg!

      Yeah, I LOVE that cover!! I'm a bit disappointed that this is the ebook cover, though.... I don't much like the one on the printed book. But I'm wondering if maybe the ebook cover will also be used on the UK printed edition.... I sure hope so!!

      I haven't read a space opera in like....FOREVER! Lol. Gotta do something about that, so I'm hoping to read this one!

      Yeah, ST TOS marathons!! I was referring to binge watching TV episodes. But I do want to read more ST TOS books, since I have a nice little collection here at home! That's a GREAT idea, too, doing something on this blog with that. I'll be sure to let you know, if I decide to do that!! I would probably have a reading challenge. Thanks for the idea!! <3 <3

      Thanks for the great comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  11. Wow! Sounds like an awesome read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronyell!

      Yes, it SURE does! Glad you loved my pick!

      Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  12. I already have this on my Goodreads TBR, great choice! Although I didn't recognize it because of the UK cover:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tammy!

      So you have this one on your Goodreads TBR? YAAAAAAY!!

      Yeah, this is the UK cover, but only for the ebook.....I'm wondering whether they'll use it on the UK PRINTED edition, too, as I do NOT like the cover of the US printed edition!

      Thanks for commenting back!! <3 :)

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)